Wednesday, January 21, 2009
My sanity is hanging by a thread......
"I like diapers"............That is the usual response I get when I ask my little 2 year old (almost 3) why he won't go potty on the toilet. What in the world do I do about that? He doesn't seem to care when he has a stinky diaper, and it is all I can do to stay in the same house as him at that particular point in time. He is definitely testing ALL of my parenting skills - or in his case I feel there is a lack thereof, because everything that I do with him is ineffective. I need advice.......HELP!!! I know, he is cute, but he is also starting to grow a set of horns! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck with that one...I'll be hitting that stage again before I know it!
I have a friend going through the same thing with her son. He is 2 1/2. She is not very consistent though. When my kids were ready I just braved the messes and put underwear on them or let them run around nude. Some things I did was give them a hershey kiss every time they used the potty, if they went in their pants or on the floor they had to help clean it up, and they had a big surprise when they were completely done. My girls all trained within a few days and my boy took a little longer but he did it too. So far all my kids have been easy so all I can say is be patient, he'll let you know when he is ready and make sure you are consistent.
Aw, poor thing. I remember those times. My advice for boys.... bribe them! I trained both the boys with bribery for all sorts of things! And it worked, eventually.
Fun fun.
My little one sleeps in pull ups, and every month I think, "this will be the last box..."
Maybe this month.
Post a Comment