I love the start of the Holiday Season. Halloween is over - not my most favorite holiday, but fun for the kids. I must say that I am thankful for those who watch out for my kids as I do - "those" being people such as the elementary school (staff) and ward members who don't want the kids wearing scary masks and bringing the vile things of the devil to halloween. I love dressing the kids up, and seeing all the other kids dressed up. I know imaginations stir this time of year, but I appreciate the "lighter" side - at least for the sake of my kids!! Enough about that.....
November brings lots of new adventures. We will be traveling to No. Utah for Thanksgiving, and I am excited, other than the fact that there is a STRONG chance for horrible traveling weather. Snow is one of the only things that makes me want to stay home!!!!! Jarrod's birthday is in Nov, as well as my younger brothers. It is great, because it means that I am not the only one getting older. I love the changes in the air that fall brings, even though it is minute here in Mesquite. Let's not forget the biggest and best shopping day of the year......One of my favorite post-Thanksgiving traditions is to visit the craft fairs the day after Thanksgiving. My mom and I and her sisters try to go every year. I love that!!
I have a lot to be Thankful for. I have a wonderful family and (just as) wonderful friends here in Mesquite. I have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and that he lives. I strive to pass that on to my lovely kids. I have a nice home and food to eat every day, and once a week, I get to do one of my favorite things in the whole world - play softball (Thanks to Jarred Noel!!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment