Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer, and all it entails.......

Alright - I think I start a lot of my posts with something like, "I know it's been awhile, but....." and this is one of those!! :)

Summer is already more than halfway over, and I still have a smidge of sanity left.....WHOA!!! It has been a bit of a wild ride, so far!!! We got through most of June without a family pass to the Rec Center pool - then I couldn't take the heat and kids anymore, so we finally got one. The Rec Center Pool is the ONLY way I can survive the summer here, (okay, not the ONLY reason). We "Mesquitoes" have the BEST swimming pool for kids, ever!! Softball ended about 2 weeks ago, and my team took 1st place in the league, but we didn't do so hot in the tournament - we won't go into that......

The kids have been keeping busy with video games, TV, visits to the splash pads and pool, and driving me crazy.



We went to Winnemucca for the 4th of July. It was nice to visit - we hadn't been there since my parents moved away last January (2008). We got to see lots of friends and had a great time. We had lots of good food Thanks to Sylvia and Chelo, and the company was great, too!!!


Then, we traveled to Moab for the annual Price Famiy Reunion, and had a very nice trip! I had never been to Moab before, and it was really cool. There were a bunch of neat touristy shops that I got to visit, and we went to Arches and did a rafting trip down the Green River. A lot of firsts for me and the kids! It was great to visit with family and catch up on everyone's life. Jarrod has an amazing family, and everytime we get together it is an adventure!!!!


After we got back from Moab, my neices came to stay a week! They are growing up so fast -Akira is 8, and Adalie and Audrie are almost 2. I was a bit out numbered (ok only 7 - 1)!!!! I couldn't leave the house!! It was quite hilarious!!! Sunday when Renae came to get the girls, Savannah decided to go with them. She had a bit of a hard time the first night, because she has never been away by herself before. I'm pretty sure that she is having a good time, now though!!

I can't believe that school will start again in a month. I am more than ready, but at the same time - where has the time gone??????????????


















3 comments:

amy said...

Definitely sounds very busy, but also very fun.

sesutherland said...

that sounds great! i'm glad you've had such an eventful summer, and i love the photos - i can't believe how big your babies are. did you know that here, kids are only out for about 6 weeks (i just found out)? the school year ends in july and they go back in august. it's madness...or perhaps a clever ploy to save mummy's sanity... :) love you! xx

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I can't believe school is about to start either. :(

Looks like you have had a really fun summer though!